Monday, October 23, 2017

Orange Peel Quilt Finished

I finished piecing this quilt a while ago, but I was debating whether to hand quilt this, machine quilt it myself, or ask someone else to machine quilt it for me... I finally decided to go with choice #3. I dropped the quilt top off at my friend's who does machine quilting. I happened to have enough bias tape I made a long time ago and the colors went perfect with the quilt. Don't you love when things work out like that? I quickly binded the quilt and took advantage of a beautiful Autumn day to take some pictures.

I spread the quilt to take a picture and my dog must have thought that was an invitation for him to sit and chill...

He kept coming back no matter how many times I would shoo him away. I decided to change the location to the near by bridge.

There were some beautiful yellow and orange leaves still on the trees that gave me a gorgeous background for my picture. I love how this turned out and it motivates me to finish more quilts I have started this year.

6 comments :

  1. Gosh this is so pretty. Wish I had the patience to do one like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilt. I also love bindings when they change color as they go! I'm glad you had some that worked. I love it when that happens too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt. What is the finished size of your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTÁSTICO!!!! muy romántico y precioso. Todas tus labores tienen un valor especial.
    Felicidades

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin