Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Chair Makeover

You already know that I have been working on, my sewing room. I also had another project I quickly started.

when I was at a thrift shop last week I found this chair:

Pros: It is sturdy and the paint on the metal frame is in a good shape and it was priced very well ($5.50 baby!)

Cons: The fabric was in bad shape(and not my style AT ALL).

I have been looking for a chair for my sewing room, for a guest... which mainly will be Rachel since I am planning to sew with her a lot more often. I didn't want to spend a lot but I wanted a sturdy chair. This chair has potential.

I went home and looked through my stash and found the perfect fabric for it. When I bought it I didn't know what I was going to use it for but I had the perfect amount of fabric for this project.

After less than an hour, I got a new chair with personality!

I went through my trim drawer and found this which was the perfect combination with the paint color of the chair and the fabric!

Oh, going through my sewing stash and organizing them was the most AMAZING thing I have ever done for myself this year so far!! I have to admit it was a long and slow process at the time (and I hated it), but by organizing things I know what I have, and I know where they are. It makes it so much more efficient on so many levels.

If you are contemplating attacking your stash, absolutely DO! You will love the end result. :)

7 comments :

  1. Very beautiful. How did you attach the fabric to the chair? Glue or sewing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! I wish I had the talent to upstyle used furniture like you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your chair makeover! I do not need a new chair in our house right now, but this makes me want to go find one that can be re-do. Then again, mine probably will not turn out as pretty as yours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fantastic job with it...and it looks beautiful! So bright and pretty, perfect for your sewing room. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Te felicito. Tienes unas cosas preciosas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow the chair looks amazing. Well done
    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that chair looks amazing after the redesign! I'll have to try some of those designs. Very nice, Tea Rose. My online national coffee distributor company loves hobbies like this outside of work. They keep us sane!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin